Vivek Ranadive (Marathi: विवेक रणदिवे) is an Indian businessman, engineer, author, speaker and philanthropist.
- Vivek Ranadive was borned on October 7, 1957.
- Ranadivé grew up in the Juhu area of Bombay (now Mumbai), India.
- He was the youngest of three children.
- At 16, Ranadivé was accepted to MIT.
- He is the founder and CEO of TIBCO
- In 1970s, at the age of 16 Vivek was selected for MIT where he successfully completed his Bachelors & Masters degree.
- After MIT, he joined Harvard University in 1983 & completed his MBA.
- He was titled Baker Scholar at Harvard University.
Industry Profile :
- While still in college at MIT, Ranadivé started his first company, a UNIX consulting company.
- He also held management and engineering positions with Ford Motor Company, M/A-Com Linkabit and Fortune Systems immediately after college.
- Teknekron Corp., a technology incubator, provided $250,000 in seed capital to Vivek Ranadivé in 1985; in 1986, Teknekron Software Systems was born.
- In 1997, Ranadivé founded TIBCO Software Inc. with funding from Cisco and Reuters.
- In 1999, TIBCO’s revenues were $100 million, leading them to file for an IPO on the NASDAQ.
- Currently, TIBCO is active in a wide range of markets including retail (FedEx and Amazon.com), manufacturing, financials (Chicago Mercantile Exchange, NASDAQ and Goldman Sachs), the military (the Department of Defense, United States Department of Homeland Security), airlines (Delta) and tech companies (iPhone activation with AT&T, eBay).
- By 2011, Ranadivé had grown TIBCO’s annual revenues to $920 million and its customer base to 4,000.
- In 2010, Ranadivé became the co-owner and vice chairman of the Golden State Warriors, making him the first person of Indian descent to own an NBA franchise.
- On March 21, 2013 it was announced that Ranadivé has joined Ron Burkle and Mark Mastrov to be a major investor in the attempt to purchase the Sacramento Kings of the National Basketball Association.
- On May 16, 2013 it was announced that the Ranadivé lead ownership group came to an agreement with the Maloof family to purchase 65 percent of the Kings for approximately $348 million and will keep the Sacramento Kings in Sacramento.
- At the 2012 World Economic Forum in Davos, Ranadivé, along with WEF’s founder and chairman Klaus Schwab, launched TopCom, a private social network for world leaders.
- In 1999, Ranadivé published The Power of Now with a foreword by Sun Microsystems co-founder Scott McNealy which details how winning companies sense and respond to change using real-time technology.
- The book was a New York Times bestseller.
- In 2006, Ranadivé published The Power to Predict with a foreword from FedEx founder Frederick W. Smith which explores how companies can break new ground in their quest to anticipate customers’ needs, capture new opportunities, and predict and avoid problems.
- The book was an international bestseller and was profiled in Forbes, Harvard Business School and The Wall Street Journal‘s SmartMoney.
- In 2011, Ranadivé published The Two-Second Advantage: How We Succeed by Anticipating the Future–Just Enough, which reveals how our understanding of human mastery is being applied to the way computers “think.”
- The book was a New York Times, Wall Street Journal and USA Today bestseller and was reviewed positively by David Stern and Marc Andreessen.
Awards, Acheivements & Recognition :
- 2005 Wharton Infosys Business Transformation Award (WIBTA): North America Technology Change Agent Award.
- InfoWorld’s 2002 Top Ten Technology Innovators.
- 2002 Ernst & Young Software Entrepreneur of the Year.
- 2008 South Asian CEO of the Year by the South Asian MBA Association (SAMBAA).
Social Life :
- Ranadivé has three children: Aneel, Andre and Anjali.
- He enjoys playing golf, cycling, tennis, hiking, and has a black belt in Tae Kwon Do.
- Ranadivé, along with TIBCO’s director of business development, former NFL running back Roger Craig, used to coach his daughter’s national runner-up junior basketball team.
Twitter Profile :
Facebook fanpage :
Nitin Paranjpe is now the President of the Home Care Business of Unilever globally.
- He is now the President of the Home Care Business of Unilever globally.
- Before this global role and promotion, he was the MD and CEO of Hindustan Unilever, before which he served as Executive director of Hindustan Unilever since June 1, 2007.
- He acquired Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering (BE) from College of Engineering, Pune.
- He also acquired an MBA degree in Marketing from Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), Mumbai.
- In his early years in Hindustan Unilever, Paranjpe worked as Area Sales Manager – Detergents.
- After working as a Sales Manager in Hindustan Unilever , he worked as an Product Manager- Detergents.
- In April 1996, he became the Branch Manager – Chennai and in February 1999 he was appointed as a member of the Project Millennium Team.
- During 2001, he was an Executive Assistant to the Chairman and Executive Committee in Unilever London.
- On his return to India in 2002, Paranjpe became the Category Head – Fabric Wash and Regional Brand Director (Asia) for several Laundry and Household Cleaning (HHC) brands.
- In 2004, he became Vice President – Home Care (Laundry & HHC) India.
- He was appointed as the Executive Director for the Home & Personal Care business in March 2006.
- Paranjpe was appointed as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the Company in April 2008.
- He is also an Executive Vice President of Unilever Companies in South Asia.
- Paranjpe is a member of the Shareholders’ / Investors’ Grievance Committee and the Compensation Committee of the Company.
Indra Krishnamurthy Nooyi
An Indian-American business executive and the current Chairperson and Chief Executive Officer of PepsiCo.
- An Indian-American business executive and the current Chairperson and Chief Executive Officer of PepsiCo.
- The second largest food and beverage business in the world by net revenue.
- Current citizenship status : United States.
- She is born on 28 October, 1955 in Madras (presently Chennai), Tamil Nadu, India.
- According to Forbes, she is consistently ranked among the World’s 100 Most Powerful Women.
- In 2013, she has been ranked 10th in the list of Forbes World’s 100 most powerful women.
- Indra Nooyi was educated at Holy Angels Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School in Madras.
- She received a Bachelor’s degree in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from Madras Christian College in 1974.
- She completed her Post Graduate Diploma in Management (MBA) from Indian Institute of Management Calcutta in 1976.
- She joined to Yale School of Management in 1978 and earned a Master’s degree in Public and Private Management.
- At Yale, she completed her summer internship with Booz Allen Hamilton.
- Beginning her career in India, Nooyi held product manager positions at Johnson & Johnson and textile firm Mettur Beardsell.
- After Graduating in 1980, Nooyi joined the Boston Consulting Group (BCG), and then held strategy positions at Motorola and Asea Brown Boveri.
- Nooyi joined PepsiCo in 1994 and was named president and CFO in 2001.
- In 2006 she became the fifth CEO in PepsiCo’s 44-year history.
Awards & honours :
- Forbes magazine ranked Nooyi fourth on the 2008 and 2009 list of The World’s 100 Most Powerful Women.
- Fortune magazine has named Nooyi number one on its annual ranking of Most Powerful Women in business for 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010.
- In 2008, Nooyi was named one of America’s Best Leaders by U.S. News & World Report.
- In 2008, she was elected to the Fellowship of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
- In January 2008, Nooyi was elected Chairwoman of the US-India Business Council (USIBC).
- Nooyi has been named 2009 CEO of the Year by Global Supply Chain Leaders Group.
- In 2009, Nooyi was considered one of “The TopGun CEOs” by Brendan Wood International, an advisory agency.
- In 2010 she was named #1 on Fortune‘s list of the “50 Most Powerful Women” and #6 on Forbes’ list of the “World’s 100 Most Powerful Women”.
- Nooyi was named to Institutional Investor’s Best CEOs list in the All-America Executive Team Survey in 2008 to 2011.
Chairman of Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group.
- Anil Dhirubhai Ambani (Gujarati: અનીલ ધીરજલાલ (ધીરૂભાઈ) અંબાણી), born on 4 June 1959, is an Indian businessman.
- He is the chairman of Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group, one of the largest private conglomerates in India.
- Anil Ambani is the younger son of Late. Dhirubhai Ambani & Kokilaben Ambani.
- Anil Ambani’s elder brother Mukesh Ambani and two sisters, Dipti Salgaoncar and Nina Kothari.
- Spouse: Tina Ambani
- They have two children (Anmol, Anshul).
- Bachelor of Science degree from the Mumbai University.
- MBA degree from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Anil Ambani joined Reliance Industries, the company founded by his late father Dhirubhai Ambani, in 1983 as Co-Chief Executive Officer and is credited with having pioneered many financial innovations in the Indian capital markets.
- Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group (ADAG) constructed & funded the The Mumbai Metro Rail project.
He is conferred the ‘Businessman of the Year 1997’ award by India’s leading business magazine Business India, December 1997.