He is the CEO of Adobe Systems.
- Shantanu Narayen is the CEO of Adobe Systems.
- Before this post, he held the role as the President and Chief Operating Officer since 2005.
- He is also the President of the board of the Adobe Foundation.
- He completed his schooling from Hyderabad Public School in Hyderabad.
- He holds a Bachelor of Science in electronics engineering from Osmania University in India.
- He also a Master of Business Administration from the University of California, Berkeley, and a Master of Science in computer science from Bowling Green State University in Bowling Green, Ohio.
- On May 7, 2011, Narayen received an honorary Doctor of Applied Science degree from his alma mater, Bowling Green State University.
- He started his career at Apple.
- After Apple, Narayen served as director of desktop and collaboration products for Silicon Graphics.
- He co-founded Pictra Inc., a company that pioneered the concept of digital photo sharing over the Internet.
- Narayen joined Adobe in 1998 as a senior Vice-President of worldwide product research, was later promoted to executive vice president of worldwide products, and appointed to his current post in January 2005 at the age of 41.
- He also serves on the board of Dell Inc. and the advisory board of the Haas School of Business, University of California at Berkeley.
- On November 12, 2007, Adobe Systems announced in a press release that Bruce Chizen would step down from his role as Chief Executive Officer effective December 1, to be replaced by Shantanu Narayen.
- Shantanu Narayen is paid an annual salary of $875,000 for his role as chief executive.
- In 2009, Mr. Narayen was considered one of “The TopGun CEOs” by Brendan Wood International, an advisory agency.
- In 2011, US President Barack Obama has appointed Shantanu Narayen, President and CEO of Adobe Systems, as a member of his Management Advisory Board.
- His mother taught American literature.
- His father has a plastics company.