Yusuff Ali M A is the Chairman and Managing Director of LuLu Group International, which operates over 100 retail outlets like hypermarkets, supermarkets and grocery outlets in UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, India, Malaysia and Indonesia. His business interests also include conference centres and luxury hotels in India.
Headquartered in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates, business portfolio of LuLu Group International ranges from hypermarket operations to shopping mall development, manufacturing and trading of goods, hospitality assets, and real estate.
Deloitte has ranked the Group as one of the ten fastest growing retailers in the world. LuLu Group has annual turnover of USD 7.4 billion and staff force of more than 50,000.
The group is planning to invest Rs2,500 crore in Telangana this year in three projects – a fruit and vegetable processing unit, an integrated meat processing unit and a modern shopping mall in Hyderabad.
He was the first expatriate to get elected by the UAE business community as the Director Board member of the Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce & Industry (ADCCI). He was also unanimously elected by the Board members as the Vice-chairman of the prestigious Trade Committee of the ADCCI. In 2009 he was re-elected to the Director Board of ADCCI. In the year 2014 he was again re-elected for a third time and he is the only non-Arab to be elected to the Director Board of ADCCI consecutively for a record third time.
With a net worth of $2.4bn, he ranks 737 in the world and 30 in India in the Forbes list of billionaires.
He was elected as the Director Board member of the Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce & Industry (ADCCI). He was the first expatriate elected to the Director Board.
Base: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Base in India: Nattika, Thrissur district, Kerala
Family: Married to Shabira Yusuffali and has three daughters.
Education: Diploma in Business Management & Administration
• Director –Air Kerala International Services Ltd
• Member of Central Wakf Council, Government of India
• Former Director – Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation Ltd. (KSIDC) (2002 – 2014)
• Director – Cochin International Airport Limited. He recently raised his stake by acquiring five lakh CIAL shares held by Thrissur-based Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd.
• Director – Kannur International Airport Ltd. (KIAL)
• Vice Chairman – Non-Resident Keralites Affairs Department (NORKA ROOTS), Govt. of Kerala
• Corporate Member – Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
• National Council Member – Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Co-Chairman – CII Gulf Committee