Nitin Paranjpe is now the President of the Home Care Business of Unilever globally.
- He is now the President of the Home Care Business of Unilever globally.
- Before this global role and promotion, he was the MD and CEO of Hindustan Unilever, before which he served as Executive director of Hindustan Unilever since June 1, 2007.
- He acquired Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering (BE) from College of Engineering, Pune.
- He also acquired an MBA degree in Marketing from Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), Mumbai.
- In his early years in Hindustan Unilever, Paranjpe worked as Area Sales Manager – Detergents.
- After working as a Sales Manager in Hindustan Unilever , he worked as an Product Manager- Detergents.
- In April 1996, he became the Branch Manager – Chennai and in February 1999 he was appointed as a member of the Project Millennium Team.
- During 2001, he was an Executive Assistant to the Chairman and Executive Committee in Unilever London.
- On his return to India in 2002, Paranjpe became the Category Head – Fabric Wash and Regional Brand Director (Asia) for several Laundry and Household Cleaning (HHC) brands.
- In 2004, he became Vice President – Home Care (Laundry & HHC) India.
- He was appointed as the Executive Director for the Home & Personal Care business in March 2006.
- Paranjpe was appointed as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of the Company in April 2008.
- He is also an Executive Vice President of Unilever Companies in South Asia.
- Paranjpe is a member of the Shareholders’ / Investors’ Grievance Committee and the Compensation Committee of the Company.