Indra Krishnamurthy Nooyi
An Indian-American business executive and the current Chairperson and Chief Executive Officer of PepsiCo.
- An Indian-American business executive and the current Chairperson and Chief Executive Officer of PepsiCo.
- The second largest food and beverage business in the world by net revenue.
- Current citizenship status : United States.
- She is born on 28 October, 1955 in Madras (presently Chennai), Tamil Nadu, India.
- According to Forbes, she is consistently ranked among the World’s 100 Most Powerful Women.
- In 2013, she has been ranked 10th in the list of Forbes World’s 100 most powerful women.
- Indra Nooyi was educated at Holy Angels Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School in Madras.
- She received a Bachelor’s degree in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from Madras Christian College in 1974.
- She completed her Post Graduate Diploma in Management (MBA) from Indian Institute of Management Calcutta in 1976.
- She joined to Yale School of Management in 1978 and earned a Master’s degree in Public and Private Management.
- At Yale, she completed her summer internship with Booz Allen Hamilton.
- Beginning her career in India, Nooyi held product manager positions at Johnson & Johnson and textile firm Mettur Beardsell.
- After Graduating in 1980, Nooyi joined the Boston Consulting Group (BCG), and then held strategy positions at Motorola and Asea Brown Boveri.
- Nooyi joined PepsiCo in 1994 and was named president and CFO in 2001.
- In 2006 she became the fifth CEO in PepsiCo’s 44-year history.
Awards & honours :
- Forbes magazine ranked Nooyi fourth on the 2008 and 2009 list of The World’s 100 Most Powerful Women.
- Fortune magazine has named Nooyi number one on its annual ranking of Most Powerful Women in business for 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010.
- In 2008, Nooyi was named one of America’s Best Leaders by U.S. News & World Report.
- In 2008, she was elected to the Fellowship of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
- In January 2008, Nooyi was elected Chairwoman of the US-India Business Council (USIBC).
- Nooyi has been named 2009 CEO of the Year by Global Supply Chain Leaders Group.
- In 2009, Nooyi was considered one of “The TopGun CEOs” by Brendan Wood International, an advisory agency.
- In 2010 she was named #1 on Fortune‘s list of the “50 Most Powerful Women” and #6 on Forbes’ list of the “World’s 100 Most Powerful Women”.
- Nooyi was named to Institutional Investor’s Best CEOs list in the All-America Executive Team Survey in 2008 to 2011.
Year Name Awarding organization 2013 Honorary Degree North Carolina State University. 2011 Honorary Doctor of Laws Wake Forest University. 2011 Honorary Doctor of Laws University of Warwick. 2011 Honorary Doctorate of Law Miami University. 2010 Honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters Pennsylvania State University. 2009 Honorary Degree Duke University. 2009 Barnard Medal of Honor Barnard College. 2008 Honorary Degree New York University. 2007 Padma Bhushan President of India. 2004 Honorary Doctor of Laws Babson College.