Francisco D’Souza is the CEO of Cognizant.
- Francisco D’Souza was born in Nairobi, Kenya, Africa. on 23 August 1968.
- His father, Placido D’Souza (born in 1933, ex-Anjuna, Goa), was a diplomat with the Indian Foreign Services.
- His mother was Sushila. His sisters are Jacinta, Lucia, and Maria.
- He is the CEO of Cognizant and was part of the team that founded the NASDAQ-100 company in 1994.
- Francisco is Cognizant’s CEO since January 2007 .
- Francisco D’Souza is among the youngest Chief Executive Officers in the software services sector.
- He has been noted for his quick rise to the top of his profession.
- Francisco D’Souza has more than 20 years of experience in the information technology industry, in both operational and advisory roles.
- From February 1995 to December 1995, D’Souza was employed as Product Manager at Pilot Software a company funded by Keyur Patel of Fuse Global.
- At Cognizant, which he joined in its early days, D’Souza was elected Chief Operating Officer (COO) in December 2003.
- Prior to that, from November 1999 to December 2003, he served as Senior Vice President (SVP), North American Operations and Business Development.
- From March 1998 to November 1999, he served as Vice President (VP), North American Operations and Business Development and as Director-North American Operations and Business Development from June 1997 to March 1998.
- From January 1996 to June 1997, D’Souza was engaged as a consultant.
- Effective January 1, 2007, D’Souza was appointed President and Chief Executive Officer and a member of theBoard of Directors of Cognizant.
- In February 2013, D’Souza was appointed as independent director on the board of General Electric.
Awards, Achievements &Recognition:
- D’Souza has received the following honors:
- 2002 – Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year finalist
- 2005 – The Economic Times Entrepreneur Award
- 2009 – named among “America’s Best CEOs” by Institutional Investor magazine
- 2013 – named among “100 CEO Leaders in STEM” by STEMconnector
- 2013 – Recognized as the Best CEO in the Multinational Company category by Forbes India magazine as part of its 2013 Leadership Awards.