Vishal Sikka is a member of the Executive Board of SAP AG and the Global Managing Board, heading all SAP products and innovation.
- Vishal Sikka grew up in Vadodara (formerly Baroda), India.
- His father an officer in the Indian Railways.
- Vishal Sikka is a member of the Executive Board of SAP AG and the Global Managing Board, heading all SAP products and innovation.
- Sikka has global responsibility for development and delivery of all products across SAP’s product portfolio including Applications, Analytics, Cloud, Database & Technology and Mobile.
- Sikka is also responsible for leading the design and end-user experience for SAP, and is responsible for driving all innovation globally.
- Vishal Sikka graduated from Rosary High School.
- He studied computer engineering at M S University, Baroda.
- After completing his B.S. in Computer Science at Syracuse University, Sikka was accepted for the doctoral program at Stanford University.
- His dissertation was titled Integrating Specialized Procedures into Proof Systems and his thesis advisor was Michael Genesereth.
- He graduated with his Ph.D. in 1996.
- After a brief stint at Xerox’s research labs, Sikka founded iBrain which competed at the time with Business Objects.
- iBrain was acquired by PatternRX, Inc.
- His second startup, Bodha.com, focused on developing technology for non-invasive, service-based integration of enterprise applications and information.
- Sikka joined Peregrine Systems as their area Vice-President for Platform Technologies, responsible for application development and integration technologies and architecture, following their acquisition of Bodha.com.
- Sikka joined SAP in 2002 to head up the advanced technology group responsible for strategic innovative projects.
- Later he was promoted to Senior Vice President of Architecture and Chief Software Architect, responsible for the road map and the direction for the architecture of SAP’s products and infrastructure.
- In April 2007, Sikka was named SAP’s first-ever CTO reporting to then CEO Henning Kagermann.
LinkedIn Profile :
Twitter Profile :