P Sundarajan, better known as Sundar Pichai is the CEO of Google.
- Sundar Pichai was born in 1972 in Chennai.
- He earlier servied as Senior Vice President at Google, where he oversaw Android, Chrome and Google Apps.
- “Pichai was the brightest of his batch & stood first in the department & went on to get the silver medal”, Says IIT Professor Sanat Kumar Roy.
- He received his Bachelors in Technology from the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur and was awarded an Institute Silver Medal.
- He holds an M.S. from Stanford University.
- An MBA degree holder from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, where he was named a Siebel Scholar.
- He worked in Applied Materials & McKinsey Co.
- Sundar Pichai joined Google in 2004.
- Sundar Pichai is responsible for the development of the Google browser as the company’s Senior Vice President of product development.
- On May 20, 2010, he announced the open-sourcing of the new video codec VP8 by Google, and introduced the new video format WebM.
- He has been a director at Jive Software since April 2011.
- In 2011, Pichai’s product innovation skills caught Twitter’s attention. But, Google reportedly paid $50 million to keep him back.
- On 13th March, 2013 Google CEO Larry Page Handed over android development to Sundar Pichai.
- He is married & has two daughters.