Dr. Harminder Dua
Dr. Harminder Dua is an Indian-British medical doctor and researcher.
- Dr. Harminder Dua, born in Jalandar, Punjab.
- He is an Indian-British medical doctor and researcher (with MBBS, DO, DO (Lond), MS, MNAMS, FRCS, FRCOphth., FEBO, MD, PhD).
- He is the chair and professor of ophthalmology at University of Nottingham.
- He is the head of the Division of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences.
- Dua is also the co-editor in chief with Arun Singh, of the British Journal of Ophthalmology.
- He is president of EuCornea, the European society of Cornea and Ocular surface disease specialists.
- He is also president of the EVERf (European Association for Vision and Eye Research Foundation) and past president of the association itself.
- He was elected to the chair of Academia Ophthalmologica Internationalis and invited to join as member of the American Ophthalmological Society by thesis.
- In March 2011 he was elected president of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists, UK commencing his duties on 25 May 2011.
- He has over 200 research publications, 20 published letters, and 14 book chapters to his credit.
- He completed his Graduation in Medicine from Government Medical College and Hospital,Nagpur.
Discovery of Dua’s layer
- In a 2013 paper, Dua and others at the University of Nottingham reported discovery of a previously unknown layer of the human cornea measuring just 15 micrometres thick between the corneal stroma and Descemet’s membrane.They refer to the reported layer as Dua’s layer.