Adi Burjorji Godrej
Indian industrialist and head of the Godrej family.
- Adi Godrej – born 3 April 1942.
- He is chairman of the Godrej Group.
- As of 2012, he is one of the richest Indians with a net worth of US$9 billion.
- He is The Chairman of Godrej Group & Chairman of Indian School of Business.
- He received his undergraduate degree from MIT.
- He completed his MBA from the MIT Sloan School of Management.
- He was a member of the Pi Lambda Phi fraternity & a member of Tau Beta Pi.
- He modernized and systematized management structures and implemented process improvements.
- Adi Godrej took the Godrej Groupto great height during the License Raj.
- Under Adi Godrej’s leadership, the group is also involved in philanthropic activities.
- Godrej is major supporter of the World Wildlife Fund in India.
- They developed a green business campus in the Vikhroli township of Mumbai, which includes a 150-acre (0.61 km2) mangrove forest and a school for the children of company employees.
Awards & achievements:
- He is the chairman of the Indian School of Business since April 2011.
- He was elected as the president of Confederation of Indian Industry(CII) for the year 2012-13.
- In April 2013 Godrej was awarded the Entrepreneur of the Year Award at The Asian Awards.
- He was awarded the Padma Bhushan, India’s third highest civilian award, in 2013.
- He was awarded the prestigious Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award in February 2013.